Monday, June 9, 2014

The Beast Comes to Life

It was just recently released that Disney has decided to bring the story of Beauty and the Beast to life. They will be creating a live-action film rendition of the classic 1991 animated film that received an Oscar nomination for Best Picture that year. They pegged Bill Condon to direct the film, who is known for directing The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part 2.

It's so interesting to see the utilization of different of different medias to tell this story in different ways, after it's release over twenty years ago. Since then there has been a Broadway show adaptation that started in 1994.

Personally, I have gotten to enjoy both the film and Broadway show of Beauty and the Beast and I am excited to see what they come up with for a live-action film. As far as the live-action film I think it could be really cool. However, as someone who is picky about directors in regards to cinematography styles I am not too keen on the Twilight director in regards to doing this film. I am not a big fan of Twilight and I think the style of that movie will be similar to what Beauty and the Beast may look like. I guess we can only wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment